GUESTS INCLUDE: Bob Fox – Cathal McConnell – Jock Tamson’s Ideal Band – James Patterson & John Dipper – Fiona Ross with Brian Miller – Rosie Stewart – The McKeaney Sisters – Fiona Heywood, Jim Byrne and Peter Campbell – Kathryn Nicoll & Karen Marshalsay – Dave Goulder – Dick Gaughan – Colum Sands – Bob Blair – Sandra Kerr – Scott Gardiner – Mike Vass – Gary West – Ollie Rigg – Hamish Denholm – Ali & Maggie Macrae – Heather Yule – The Barrstools – Artie Trezise – Susie Kelly – Artie’s Tartan Tales – Graham Carter – Bill Adair. Special events: Jock’s Jocks – The Bobby Robb Tribute Concert … and more
Girvan Folk Festival 2019 : 3rd – 5th May
Girvan’s Guest List for 2019 is very typical of ‘Girvan’ and promises lots of great musical experiences from people firmly rooted in the tradition. This year happens to have many more solo performers that formally established folk groups – but there is a plan behind this. Many people see Girvan as a ‘meeting place’; a chance to see old friends and to rub shoulders with traditional musicians from all ‘airts and pairts’ and within our guests, and visitors, there will be lots of opportunities for people to share in performance for some unique experiences.
Many people attend Girvan year on year, confident that it will be a great weekend. We hope that you might start making your own arrangements to attend early. Meantime please register for email news updates to this site to help us to keep in touch with any developments.
Some of Girvan’s strengths.
- It is a family festival.
- Its constitution and defined focus.
- Although it has a core committee, it was ‘owned’ by a larger group of people.
- It seeks out new performers.
- It books ‘special people’ – not necessarily stars, but people with an X factor.
- Its links with Ireland and England.
- It isn’t a ‘manufactured’ festival, it grew from established folk clubs and is organised by folk enthusiasts.
- It remains small and acoustic,
- It is on a Bank Holiday and runs for a full weekend.